Thread: A possibility?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A possibility?

Hi, rarely post anymore but do keep up with what's being put up by other members.

After 1-1/2 years (just a short while, I realize) after being more or less struck by fairly global, burning NLD small fiber neuropathy it has finally disappeared from probably 85% of the affected areas. Remaining slightly sensitive spots are still the face (cheeks) and inner thigh. I still credit MrsD's supplements advice with this improvement and a marvelous foaming Rx emollient, HylaTopic plus, that saved my face.

However for the past four weeks have had low-grade stomach upset/pain with sour/bitter taste in the mouth on and off. Poor appetite and fill up after only a few bites or small glass of liquid. For the past few days, the sour/bitter seems is a lot better but the filling up fast is still there. Been using my old stand-by Cola syrup and milk.

Recent abdominal ultasound was negative. Routine biopsy was done after the endoduodenoscopy (normal) for H. pylori and probably other stuff as well. Having a CT abdomen w/contrast tomorrow.

After thinking about the vagus nerve, however, did some research into whether or not it was a neuropathy of the vagus nerve which can cause gastroparesis. Gallbladder was removed laparascopically and wonder about any damage that might caused to the vagus. Anybody have any ideas?

Best wishes,

Sheltiemom18
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote