View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default crunchy granola - i have this?

Hello,

I also experience muscle soreness and tightness around the shoulder area. Mostly due to holding my head completely still for months because of the pain.

What really helped me was Physical Therapy. I didn't start until maybe month 5 of my PCS and it was a significant improvement. Hopefully you can get a prescription from your new doctor for stretches, heat, massage and traction.
(My neurologist didn't even think of this, I had to get this from my PCP. )

I recommend doing neck stretches daily as you are able.The neck stretches can be tedious, but I really start to notice if I have been slacking. Just go really easy on yourself, I was easily nauseated at first.

As far as the leg pain, I don't remember having that specifically, but I had a lot of weakness. I hope that heat and stretching can help you. Being bedridden can be painful.

I have the crunchy granola also. Just rolling my shoulders back.

Jude Lauren,
I was interested in your "pain free" experience after acupuncture. Do you have headaches too?

For me my headaches are severe and the neck/ shoulder pain is secondary. I was amazed that you were pain free. Is this just the neck pain or headache pain too? How much did the neck tightness contribute to your headaches?

Thank you
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote