View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Exclamation Hard to believe, but yes: pain free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postconcussion View Post
Hello,
Jude Lauren,
I was interested in your "pain free" experience after acupuncture. Do you have headaches too?

For me my headaches are severe and the neck/ shoulder pain is secondary. I was amazed that you were pain free. Is this just the neck pain or headache pain too? How much did the neck tightness contribute to your headaches?
I've had immobilizing headaches for about 5yrs now without a diagnosis. They've found an aneurysm but it's not to blame. Best guess (since it always starts in certain buildings with things in common, e.g., temps around 80F, lots of pressed wood in interior, rubber, plastics--all of which leak formaldehyde, especially at higher temps) is that I have a sensitivity to formaldehyde which triggers the headaches. I couldn't go into fabric stores when I was a kid because I got instant & intense headaches. They reeked of formaldehyde back then!

To test for that would cost Mucho $$$ & we're all pretty much satisfied with the common sense evidence.

The neck/shoulder pain is (I think) unrelated to the headache. The n/s pain is always there, the headaches aren't. The acupuncture does leave me free of the n/s pain, also arthritis pain in hands & hips. Understand, it took a year of treatment, beginning with 3/wk for two months, reduced slowly & ending at maintenance 1st a month. When I have a killer headache, I schedule a treatment that day, early. It is generally better by session's end. As the day progresses, the headache fades.

In spite of the fact that all of my doctors have told my insurance co that only acupuncture treats these conditions, & all have written scripts for acupuncture, I'm still paying for it on my own.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
postconcussion (08-01-2011)