View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi polliwog

Polliwog –

4.5 mg /day for about 6 years – was put up this high right at the beginning before I knew any better – so far, though, I can’t complain much

• symptom relief is adequate still even after all these years – it used to be better – main problem is bradykinesia, not tremor, and biggest difficulties are writing (virtually impossible); typing (impossible sometimes); and walking (not a huge problem but I do destroy shoes pretty quickly)
  • BIG pluses are no dyskinesias, wearing off or on/off fluctuations
  • side effects are extremely mild – I see the movement in my peripheral vision sometimes – have never seen it directly; sometimes I see flashes in my peripheral vision, as well; some mild swelling of the ankles (and, I am starting to tell myself, of the belly, too, cuz it couldn’t be the doughnuts); and most bizarre was and continues to be the sudden and complete cessation of interest in passive recreational activities like reading (used to be insatiable), tv and movies.
  • I have heard someone else describe a sensitivity to sudden noises or even visuals and have experienced the noise part myself – however, I do not know what the first person I mentioned was taking
  • I knew someone once who had experienced a blow to the head, and she became incapable of tolerating any level of noise or activity – she started to camp out in the desert quite a bit

hope that helps - oh and 3mg/day does seem high right out of the gate. also, the only other med i take iis wellbutrin, which most definitely has a PD symptomatic effect for me. Oh and CoQ10, which also has a symptomatic effect for me.

boann
boann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote