View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin update

I have been on my diet and the supplements recommended on this site since February. I am currently not eating gluten, soy, milk (but I do eat aged cheese occasionally). I limit sugar. I try to keep my blood sugar even. I have added a supplement called Normast.

I have been slowly improving since February. It is now the end of July and my symptoms are much better. I have many days of low pain and few of high pain. I'm still very fatigued and still have a neuroma in my foot from walking funny because of the neuropathy. I'm trying to figure out how to improve that.

I use diet and supplements to treat my pain. I don't take any prescription or over-the counter pain meds. I do use Miralax for bowel dysfunction that is probably related to the neuropathy. It doesn't cause any trouble and works well.

It took me several months of the diet and supplements before I was sure I was getting better. I encourage everyone to keep trying and not give up. I also encourage everyone to get a supportive doctor. I tried several before I found one who was supportive of my desire to get off prescriptions and use supplements and diet. She has been a godsend.
pepper999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
khakis (10-27-2012)