View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Effects on Sinemet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvalo View Post
I'm curious to know from those that have tried it and had success whether you notice a boost independent of sinemet intake? In other words, is its effect make Sinemet work better and allow you to reduce the dosage/extend effective period or are the benefits there even without taking Sinemet?

Also, does it seem to help with the on/off effect?

Thanks in advance for your insight!
I have been able to cut my Sinemet down from 1.5 tablets of 25-100 every 3.5 hours to 1 tablet every 3.5 hours. I haven't noticed that it prolongs the medicine's effect or softens the curve from on to off. It does work better on an empty stomach. As soon as I eat a meal, the aloe effect diminishes. One other thing that I have been doing as well is a weekly B12 shot. The aloe increases my energy and the B12 seems to sustain it. The only other thing I take is one Mirapex ER 1.5 every morning. Before the aloe, I used to wake up every 3 hours or so at night and have to take Sinemet so that I was pretty much having to take it round the clock. Now I either sleep through the night or, if I wake up, I can go back to sleep and do not have to take a Sinemet. I would have to say that the aloe does not have an independent effect but rather seems to embellish the effect of the Sinemet.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nickvalo (08-01-2011)