View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so sorry this did not work for you, but perhaps you have uncovered the underlying problem.

I have one thought for you. As a person who spent several months on crutches with no weight bearing when I had a broken right foot, which was also when RSD showed up in my right foot... Take very good care of your good leg and your upper back and shoulders if your going to use crutches or a walker. I ended up having the RSD spread to my upper back, and my left shoulder - I think because of how I was using the crutches, and how long I used them. Then, because I favored my right foot I over used my left, and developed stress fractures in it two years later...and the RSD spread there.

I am not saying this to frighten you. Just to caution you to be aware to use the crutches properly, make sure they are adjusted to you, get massages or whatever you need to do to keep your shoulders and back in good shape! Don't ignore the signals when your body tells you that you are over doing it. I did, and I am paying for it.

All the best to you!
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (08-01-2011)