Thread: RSD / Fibro
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
I don't recall if we've been over this or not, but I've been long wondering, if anyone thinks that Fibro is a 'soft' dx for RSD?

I was first dx'd with Fibro by my chiro, but, a chiro is not able to dx RSD.

Nor, are many doctors these days, since it's a clinical diagnoses, it takes quite a bit of study under a doctor who Knows this disorder.
So, might many of these Fibro sufferers actually have RSD?
Is it a precursor to RSD?

What do ya'll think?

Thanks.

Pete
asb

I have heard from one of his patients that Dr. S in Philly actually thinks that RSD is a more severe form of fibro. And interestingly enough, after my infusions, joint pain that I have in my neck, feet, shoulder and hip area dissipates and then slowly builds up again until my next infusions. My hips have lately become the worst, perhaps because of all the walking I do. Ketamine makes them feel much, much better. Then after several weeks it starts all over again. Most days I walk 4-5 miles.

Maybe my joint pain is just RSD, not fibro. I have no idea. Its never been diagnosed, I no longer ask anyone about it. For fibro, aren't there supposed to be a certain number of joints that counted in order for a diagnosis to be made? i.e. - like 14 out of 20 or something similar? I know my sister who has RA with lupus overlap also has many fibro symptoms....
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-01-2011), hannah1234 (08-01-2011)