View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jon -

It's Sheltiemom - just read Malawigirl's post here at your topic and am answering her thought regarding your face burning.

My face from below the orbital rim bones to the jawline burned for months, would flush and even swell a little. That lasted from January 2010 when this neuropathy thing started until around late fall last year. But the facial skin redness and high level of sensitivity to touch were still there.

In May of this year, finally found a dermatologist worthy of the name who prescribed HylaTopic Plus emollient foam. It works as a moisturizer and on the redness. He also prescribed for very short-time use the topical steroid Desonide ointment. I used this once a day (instead of twice) for only 3 days and then began the HylaTopic once a day every day (although it can be used twice a day). It has worked wonders for me. My face was a red, peeling mess prior. He also said to wash the face with only lukewarm water (which I'd never done - always used a cleanser).

Just wondering whether Desonide and HTP could help you, and I certainly sympathize.

Good luck,

Sheltiemom18
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
malawigirl08 (08-01-2011)