View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As I read through threads like this one, I wonder how long I was B12 deficient before figuring it out. I had complained of carpal tunnel type pain for years before I was diagnosed with it. I remember my mom teaching me to crochet and me complaining that it hurts my hands and she would tell me I wasn't doing it enough and that I was too young to have such pain. That was in my 20's. I know now that I had gluten problems then, so I am wondering if my neuropathy was in the beginning stages way back then. My sister was diagnosed with vitamin deficiencies at a very young age, maybe 6 or 7--of course, celiac disease was not thought of then, not for us anyways.

How do we know how much B12 we should be taking? Doctors only go by the standard levels and on my last blood test (the last one he checked my B12 level anyways) my level was 1277, of course I was taking a daily dose of 1200mcg of B12 then, now I take 2400mcg and feel the same. The progression of my neuropathy is slow, which I am very grateful for--yet, how do we know when enough is enough?
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote