View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Switching from Neurontin to Lyrica

I have epilepsy and have been taking Neurontin for about 11-12years. I had been experiecing a lot of back pain and so the doctor raised my Neurontin from 1500mg to 2500mg. Now I have been experincing a lot of sharp shooting pains radiating from my neck down to my right should and down my arm for about 2 months. I had been getting morphine to add in when my back pain was really bad. Now as of friday the doctor wants me to start Lyrica to reduce the pain and replace my Neurontin for my seizures too.

I am really concerned that this Lyrica may not be strong enough to prevent my seizures AND my nerve and back pain. He said I could slowly stop the Neurontin over the next month.

I did some reading on Lyrica and iust says it can be used as a secondary med for seizures when taking another primary seizure med...There is no mention of it being prescribed as a primary seizure med.

Has anyone here been given Lyrica as a primary seizure med ? if so how well has it worked to prevent your seizures ? SHould i be concerned about doing this switch ?
bluewillowskys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote