Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:21 AM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Heart One step at a time, & keep asking questions.

It's not hard to figure how you came to your AKA. Frazzled, & then some.

Here's the Diabetes Forum, just in case you might run into someone there to whom some of this might sound familiar. You never know.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum53.html

I've seen that blank stare, & there's not much scarier. You go to a doctor or hospital with all these symptoms that've already scared the daylights outta you, & instead of getting answers (or even educated guesses) what you get is this blank stare that says, "I've never heard of that & haven't the foggiest idea of what to do about it."

Well, if the doctors don't know what to do, I guess I'm gonna die, right?

Or in your case, your daughter.

I don't think doctors realize how easily/quickly they can destroy our world. But please remember, doctors are human. That's why we get 2nd & 3rd opinions.

Try to stay grounded in the present. IF it turns out that Meg does have PML, you will deal with it then. IF she has it, try to focus on her individual, special situation. Don't assume that she will follow the "average" pattern. She's Meg! Considering how you're stepping right out there, taking on the world's demons on her behalf, I have to think that Meg is no less brave than her dad. Far from average.

Drop in any time with questions, frustrations, rants, joyous moments--or just to grab virtual hugs. I'd love to meet Meg too, if she's up to that.

xoxoxoJude

^

Last edited by BlueCarGal; 08-02-2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: bold URL
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote