View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

some people I know have developed loss of feeling - i think it is in part of the criteria...???

"Odd or peculiar sensations. -.
- you may experience odd sensations in your afected limb. these are difficult to describe but are often described as "lime my mouth after a local anesthetic at the dentist", or as though it doesn't belong to you. Others say they feel "crawly" sensations, dull pins and needles or as though their limb is bigger than it is. Although these can feel peculiar and confusing they are recognised phenomenon of the condition.

"... I can never tell just where my arm is, it is sort of numb and without feeling, it almost feels as though the pain and sensations are too big for my arm and are trying to burst out".

This was taken from pg 5 of the CRPS/ RSD (UK) patient information book. (2005).

I don't know where my legs or arms are and have lost my proprioception. Just out of interest - if your daughter was to close her eyes and draw her body what does it look like? My dr did this with me and it was pretty revealing!

Hope things improve!!!

Love

Frogga xxxxxxxxx