View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default more on daughter's head injury

So much conflicting info from so many doctors!!!! Daughter has been on trazadone for about two weeks and it seems to really be working for sleep/recovery. So, we went to the neurologist yesterday afternoon. He said that if the headaches go away and she can return to school full time, he'd clear her to play. WOW! This was after the Elks Rehab people presented their case that she has some lingering cognitive issues. It is interesting because in the cognitive/reactive tests she has done, she scores extremely high in some areas and extremely low in others. Her case has been puzzling to them in that there are many reasons why she should not be suffering from the lingering headaches and, since there was no baseline test scores to work from, she may have always had a "learning disability." (B average student, but always has had to really buckle down to get good grades-it never came easy).

Understand, the neurologist we're seeing is from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and treats ONLY sports head injuries, mostly in youth. They have agreat reputation, best I can tell. He told her yesterday to resume "light training" which really excited my daughter. She participated in all the field training and conditioning. A little headache afterwards, but what an attitude adjuster. That was one of the things the docs said we should hope for, as I guess head injuries tend to leave the recipient with overall attitude issues.

Sorry to ramble, this is just the most unpredictable medical roller coaster ride I've ever ben on. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
spudbro9999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote