View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Nigel,

I am sorry that you are still having such pain in your knee, how awful for you!! The first few years of PT were a disaster for me, they very likely contributed to my RSD, too. I had extremely aggressive therapists who worked for my orthopedic surgeon that had my shoulder and neck spasming out of control. Then, after my RSD diagnosis, I had someone I liked, but who used to hurt my head once in a while just to experiment I think - curiosity about RSD no doubt, and how much pressure it would take to make things spin out of control. Only the head was connected to me and I had to live with the horrific pain when he was done! Ugh..never again!!!....

Have you tried heat? And a muscle relaxer? I use Skelaxin and a heating pad and its been a good combo for me.

My pain improved over time after my ketamine infusions. I noticed I felt somewhat better right away, but then I noticed steady improvement day after day. And with each booster it got better. I have had definite setbacks with the long hours and stress of a full time job, and the nasty weather patterns we get here in the northeast. And I do need to use my arms occasionally, which will cause bad flares. But you should give the ketamine some more time to work....it is still early for you.

I truly wish you the best and please keep in touch. xoxox Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
I though imobilization is a big no with crps but not sure on how to proceed with this tendon issue. It has been constantly been pulled out over the past eight months and wont go into detail as its been crazy. Pt pulling out my leg as he thught i had scaring from my previous op over and over again. Dr rohr now believes that this was the cause of my rsd as its the most common mistake pt do to you and stress out points in our body to much. Not to mention a key hole straight after and then 4 weeks of crazy pt 2 times a day in rome. So my tendon has passed through hell and this epidural was the last straw. So i have a pritty messed up tendon at the moment and it reacts crazy to ANY movement which wakes up the rsd. Dr rohr now understands that there is definatly an underlying physical problem which is not letting the rsd to settle. I have given him my previous mri which points out this tendon problem and he is going to discuss it with a collegue of his in this field. No, dr rohr didnt say i need to go in a cast for 6 weeks as he told me himself this would be a bad idea for the rsd. He however can see that i cant move any part of my knee due to the tendon so i am bandaged up for the moment. Tomorrow i will be doing the standard boster of ketamine that they use in the us to see if that can calm the rsd pain and then dr rohr will be deciding a way to calm or settle my physical underlying problem. The bottom line is that a tendon needs rest to heal and if i walk to soon etc i will get back to where i started so it makes more sence to res it for a few weeks then go round in circles forever.

Again, dr rohr is great and would reccomend him to any one as he likes to really help people. It was unfortunate that he didnt know about this tendon prob before and we had to come to this stage to find out however rsd is very difficult to understand and in my case the acl op was to missleading. Also, i dont believe that there are many doctors that understand rsd as much as he does, you can see he has loads of experience dealing with this condition. Again, would reccomend him to anyone. The hospital is more like a hotel if you as me. Really professional...would def come back hear in the future if necessary.

I have no idea how much longer i need to stay hear but it seems the doctor will def not let my travel in this state and will do all he can to get me pain free.

Last edited by SandyRI; 08-02-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Editorial
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote