View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How is anti-mag diagnosed?

I have posted several times before on the pn site, but have not here. Its amazing the similarities I share with a lot of you. Began with numbness in one toe in late fifties and has spread now to bottom of calves over a 7 year period. Primarily sensory and wasting in feet. Occassional shooting pains. Have done seated calf raises with weights ever since this began. Have a lot of strength in my ankles as a result. I have also done work on a round balance board. My theory was to teach my brain to respond to pressure feedback as opposed to sensory. Using the Wii game with the balance board has also been a great training tool especially the downhill skiing I have had extensive workups and ,I thought, every test possible. Diag. of course was idiopathic pn. I went back over my labs after reading these posts and could not find any anti-mag testing. I did have a lumbar punc. that showed protein levels of 59%. Had IVIG early on without relief. Also tried low dose prednisone. What exactly is anti-mag neuropathy and what tests are needed.
flyfishobie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote