View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm probably going to go to the gym in a little while to walk and see if I can get my muscles in my legs to stretch themselves out. Bought a new book for my Kindle this morning (Cowboys & Aliens) and so far the book is interesting, so I think I can get some good walking out of that reading material.

Last night I felt like crap. Felt sick, and was in Spasticity Purgatory (not quite Spasticity Hell) Everything felt stiff and I just felt yucky. Ended up taking half a valium to see if that would help the stiffness. I dont take anything regularly for the spasticity...like to naturally stretch my muscles by walking or stretching instead. Last night I just felt kind of horrible so I got the valium out.

Seems like every few months I'll have a couple of days of spasticity that just beats the crap out of me. That's when I'll either try baclofen or valium to try to break the stiffness. Baclofen hasnt been helping, but the valium has been pretty good.

I'm going to try for a half hour or more tonight for treadmilling. Mostly because I've got a decent book to read and I'm hoping I'll get lost in the book while walking. I better go before I change my mind and just sit here and read my book instead. (I really wanna be lazy today!)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-02-2011), SallyC (08-02-2011)