View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdetri48 View Post
Hello, I have a question? I'm in Michigan and I wonder has any one had to have their disability backpay issued out in accruments at 6months at a time? I was approved for ssi and ssdi and recieved my first installment of 2,022, then they say i cant get another until 6 months than after the third time i will get the restwhatever is left. I am confused about this because everybody i know that got back pay got it all at one time. I had about $36,000 coming but after my lawyer got his $6,000, and the department of soc service(state disability) got their money back which was
$9,956, so the rest is what i am suppose to get. BUt I haver to wait. I had planned on paying off ppl i owed and others things now i have wait even longer after waiting already for 4 years.

SSI installment processing has been around since 1996. Congress would have to change the law or your local office would have to ignore the law.

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0502101020

You could provide proof of outstanding debt for food, clothing or shelter as an exception to installments.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote