Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Frustrated,
I am sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble finding help. I had the same situation with trying to find out what to do with my wrist. I have other abnormalities in the wrist and hand that some surgeons said they did not want to fix and one surgeon said he could fix it. After 2 years, I found out I had CRPS and was referred to the UW center for pain relief. I have a wonderful pain Dr. that takes a lot of time listening and searching for a solution. The pain clinic does not like Ketamine because it can be a very dangerous treatment, can cause extreme nausea and vomiting and can cause death from a loss of respiratory drive. This treatment is to be cautiously approached and researched. You need to find the most successful program which I have found to be in Florida, Europe (Holland) and Germany. There are other programs but I am not sure where. Insurance does not cover the treatment because it is experimental.
I am sorry there is no quick fix for this condition. I have been struggling with that myself. I know the more I move the limb and keep it protected from weather changes, the better I feel. I am on several medications to dampen the pain. I can't take the full strength. A tens unit, moist heating pads, Lidocaine patches, Compression glove, a soft splint, exercise, and pain management techniques are a few things that I have been successful with. One hour at a time. Don't look ahead or back. Keep focused on getting to the next pain free hour.
I hope you will find relief soon....... They are great Dr's It just takes time and finding the best fit for you.
Uncertain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DreaB (08-06-2011)