View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
Hi, everybody:

I have RSD in my left knee/leg. My boyfriend, who is a police officer, told me he wished he could take my RSD so I would not suffer anymore and so I could be a better mother for our two-year-old baby boy.

He and my baby almost lost me when my boyfriend, who was in the apartment without my knowing about it, barely caught me when I jumped off the 11th floor balcony because a doctor had taken away my narcotics without my consent and the RSD pain was excruciating. Now, I got them back and, at the same time, I got back a life worth being called a "life".

Kitty,
Thank you for sharing such an intimate story with us. Sometimes we lose are perspective on what's important in life when the pain is so overwhelming. I keep a picture of my husband and kids on my night stand, when the pain makes me wish to be put out of my suffering, I try and meditate on their pictures. They are the loves of my life, and I pray I will never let my pain come between us, as much as it tries. The pain has become another member of our family, its been hard for my husband and I to accept a third member into our marriage (especially such a crummy one). The more we are able to grieve the loss of our dreams, and focus on our new dreams the better we seem to cope. Thank you again, for the reminder of why we keep fighting, no matter how painful it gets.

elijjennings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote