View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuused905 View Post
pcs from sports concussions usually resolves in young adult males. just look at all the NHL players who come back after 1 or 2 concussions, even if it takes them a year to rest.

usually its the guys who get 4, 5 or 6 concussions who have to retire for good.

getting knocked out for under a minute is really not a good indicator of injury severity. according to an article i read, amnesia, low energy/fatigue and headaches are better indicators.

if you only have one symptom, consider yourself lucky. most people have 3 or 4. just get plenty of rest and proper nutrition (EPA, DHA, B12, B6 and vit D).

stay away from fast foods. most fast foods contain MSG, an excitotoxin that can trigger headaches and kill brain cells. read ingredient labels. sometimes MSG is labeled as "hydrolyzed vegetable protein".

i had a relapse recently after i ate chinese food. there's an excitotoxic cascade following concussions that causes the symptoms. a damaged brain that experiences more stress will tend to magnify its symptoms.

Well I am a female about to turn 30 in a few weeks. I have dealt with dizziness,memory issues, oversemlation,light and noise sensitivity, headaches all those cleared up. I am now only dealing g with the headaches going on 4 months.. I have been advised to never play my sport again by doctors. This is my second confirmed concussion but I think I have had a few undiagnose. I still don't remember the whole incident of the second one. I'm sorry I don't consider myself lucky on bit. I have to give up my sport and be in pain. I can't ever do workout good without getting dizzy. This cuts into my life. Noting lucky about my situation. I know two severe concusions in such a short time frame is not a good thing. Thanks for the tip on the food.
Xoe22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote