Thread: Me and my brain
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

He had a couple of EEG's. I don't know about EMG, and I have never heard of tremor registration. He is 6. Symptoms are complicated. It started out as ataxia (drunk-looking walk). Then his legs became involved with muscle tightness and involuntary movement. Eventually, it began to move up his trunk and into his arms. We would see him reach for something, and his arm would overshoot or undershoot its target.

Lately, he's had a lot more trouble. When he first started taking ropinirole (requip), the pharmacy had mixed in some risperidone (risperdal) with it, unbeknownst to us. It really messed him up. Now, he not only has stiff muscles, but he also has a lot of tremors, chorea, ataxia, akathisia and choreo-athetosis type movements. Some of these seem to be related to having too much or too little dopamine. We have been trying to adjust his medications for months, but he keeps getting worse, to the point that he can barely walk for a good part of the day. His hips, legs and ankles are very tight, and he is needing both physical therapy and trigger point therapy to at least decrease the pain. I don't imagine this is very useful information for you, but I like to share what we are going through with other people who can at least relate to what it is like for him.
momto5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote