View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I cant stop juicing!

well, I have done very very well on this whole juice thing. I look better, I feel better. I have detoxed off of sugar, carbs, caffeine, gluten, diary, eggs, chocolate and so forth. I feel better, I look better, my eyes are seeing clearer, but...

Each time I try to add foods back into my diet I am getting headaches. The kind of headache I get when I eat aspertame or splenda. that brain mashing headache that makes your brain feel sore, and I get nausea, and sometimes dizzy. I think its beacause I was trying to add in complex or complicated foods. Perhaps I should start by adding back in one food at a time, and see which ones are making me headachy. Like was it the bread, the au jus or the cheese on my roast beef sandwich. not to mention the nitraites and nitrates and probably MSG in the juice...i had a bad bad headache after, and while that used to be my fav sandwich, I dont ever want another! I tried plain chicken last night. nothing on it, or in it, just a roasted chicken with light home made seaonings. no headache. I felt sluggish and worn out after eating it, but no headache.

Did I do myself a disservice by juicing? Am I now cornered till I either get used to the additives in foods again, or am I stuck with the limited choices? I really expected that after X # of days I could just resume eating...not so!

We are going to the county fair today. not fair! I want the fun things that the fair has to offer, and as it stands if I eat that sugared apple I will get a headache! not fair at all!

I will be trying to add in one food at a time till I find which triggers exist. Im going to be really upset if Gluten is a trigger.

I got montel williams powder with protien and such. perhaps I should just break down and get a vitamix so I can restart some fiber back into my diet. Juicing is great for a break, for weight loss, for a cause or for many reasons, but its not a way to live. My tummy is very happy that it got a break, and got to rest, but I think I would like to have some food now please. I cant believe how much pre proccessed stuff there is out there!

im off to the not fair fair.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
missj (08-04-2011), SallyC (08-04-2011)