View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strata shunt not working for me either.

Hi, i am new to this forum, but i think it is a nice place to talk with others having the same problem as me. I am 36 Years old, and have been diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Therefore when doctors after 4 years found out that my CSF pressure where to high, they inserted a strata shunt. One shunt alone was not a good solution for me, and they inserted one more. I have now got 2 shunts, serial connected to each other.

I have also had the same problem as many other in this forum. The shunts are self-adjusting and like others in here, the doctors say that "it is not possible". My shunts has changed it`s values about 8 or 9 times.
Because of the "not possible" value changes i bought a tesla meter on e-bay. I have now been checking around the whole house, and found out that the power transformer connected to my desktop lamp, has been one of the issues. After I removed it, the problems with self-adjusting shunts have been a lot better. Still the shunts dos not work properly, and therefore I am thinking about the Integra OSV 11 shunt. I would like to ask my surgeon about this shunt, and what he thinks. Also I would like to hear as much as possible from others in here, which has replaced the strata shunts with Integra OSV11.

The shunts are now working better, but they are draining either too much or too little, and I have also noticed that physical activities affect my headache, as big laughter, coughing and sneezing.

Hope to hear from you!

Best regards from Norway
jonny2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote