View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
While it is always nice to see what is out there this doesn't impress me. Did you see his website?

If it were only so simple as a vitamin deficiency I doubt any of us would be so sick with this miserable, chronic, progressive disease process.
Agreed Jules.
Note on Mercola in general:
Mercola has run afoul of the FDA many times and has been recently ordered to stop making unsubstantiated claims for products sold on his website. Additionally, having identified himself a 'renegade' doctor, he makes many baseless statements about health that are routinely challenged and debunked, hoping to appeal to the faction of patients who feel they aren't getting the results they desperately seek from the traditional medical community.

Think what you will of the FDA (I myself am critical of them but moreso Mercola - google quackwatch.com) but they are the only agency standing between us and the people who sell 'miracle' cures that don't work, or worse yet - harm us.

I'm sure you know this already but if you're a Mercola fan, seek multiple sources to validate the information he provides: some of its harmless, some of its valid, some of it's not.
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (08-07-2011), Blessings2You (08-04-2011), dmplaura (08-10-2011), ewizabeth (08-05-2011), Jules A (08-04-2011), Kitty (08-04-2011), SallyC (08-04-2011)