View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracypori View Post
I just learned today that I have only a mild "tiny central disc protrusion" at T6-7. I have had the same symptoms alternating between central pain in my T-spine as well as radicular pain and weakness, left greater than right, with foot drop which scared the heck out of me! The rough part is the rest of my spine is basically FUBAR as well, but from my limited understanding of nerve distribution, problems with the T-spine at these levels can cause the radicular symptoms of the foot drop and range all the way to paralysis.

I opted out of the pain clinic as I am in no position to go through injections of steroid medications which may or may not work. Now have to ask for referral to orthopedic surgeon as well as rheumatologist. More weeks of waiting. I found that some bedrest was helpful. Since I have what I like to call "TPS or traveling pain syndrome", the issue has gone ahead and moved onto a shoulder impingement problem and more centralized and widespread back pain.

See a spine guy and good luck...seems Peter never knows what Paul is doing these days. Took me 2 years to get an MRI :P

Thank you for responding, it lifted out of a depression that was worsening each day wondering if I was going nuts. My spine is FUBAR also with cervical impingements and a bunch of l/s bulges and stenosis everywhere, mainly from osteoarthistis I had since age 30 when I calcified out t10. I feel my neuromuscular docs are smart, but it may be tunnel vision on their part too. One says, it's a problem, other has no real opinion.

Pain is unbelievable at times, I have to lie flat and not move. I am a stoic soul and only take excedrin for pain. When I cough or sneeze, my entire spine throbs and pain shoots through my ribs and down my legs.

Again, I am sorry for your problems, but grateful that you took the time to answer me. It helps with my next plan of action.

Last edited by JB63; 08-04-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: omission
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote