View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB63 View Post
Thank you for responding, it lifted out of a depression that was worsening each day wondering if I was going nuts. My spine is FUBAR also with cervical impingements and a bunch of l/s bulges and stenosis everywhere, mainly from osteoarthistis I had since age 30 when I calcified out t10. I feel my neuromuscular docs are smart, but it may be tunnel vision on their part too. One says, it's a problem, other has no real opinion.

Pain is unbelievable at times, I have to lie flat and not move. I am a stoic soul and only take excedrin for pain. When I cough or sneeze, my entire spine throbs and pain shoots through my ribs and down my legs.

Again, I am sorry for your problems, but grateful that you took the time to answer me. It helps with my next plan of action.
I am stoic as well and may take 200 mg ibuprofen daily for severe pain. I have no interest in traditional pain medications or the multitude of antidepressants my GP has tried to give me for "fibromyalgia" pre MRI. Not saying fibro might not be a problem. I had told the staff at the pain clinic that I have felt suicidal. This is NOT clinical depression, this is defeat. I am only 50 and so frustrated that I cannot function or be as active as I expect myself to be. If I mow the lawn with the push mower, I suffer 1 day pain and 2 days allergy. If my son hugs me, I shriek in pain. I hate asking for help and have always been self reliant...THIS is depressing and rightly so. I don't feel that SSRI medications are appropriate, more, I feel the grieving has to take place in order to move on.

The biggest help is identifying the source of the pain rather than it be a complete mystery. I can manage that and you can too! Not saying it is not complete suckage, but I can survive it and work around it.
tracypori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote