View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Allen,

Everyone is right here. You can't motivate someone who is fearful of taking chances.

I see your point though. My kids are dealing with two things going on right now. They have been wanting to buy a house for over a year. They own the one they are in but Travis just got promoted for the 3rd time this year and they can afford to buy. I actually have been looking for them a house when I take my walks and am getting them in to see them. He's busy but those two are about as motivated when it comes to taking chances as a snail. They are also looking to buy another vehicle, again they have been looking for at least 6 months. I think if either the perfect car or house fell on them they would crawl out from under it and just scratch their heads. LOL

Bill and I would get frustrated with them at times.

To me today, I see young people as being so leary of what is going to happen in the future that they are very hesitant to take chances. With the prices of everything going up, at times you can see why. But then again if they are in a position to take a chance, why not?

I agree with Artist also. Maybe you could have him over and sat down with him and you could put on paper what the business adventure might look like if he succeeds in dollar figures.

I am always like you trying to encourage my kids. Bill was always mister negative at times but we always told the kids to do what they felt was right.

You only live once and if you have that chance then go for it.

As far as you, like me, I can't even think straight to make a living of any kind.
For Chistmas my Dr. gave me all kinds of photography paper and the kids bought me a digital camera so I could get out and take pictures. My brain doesn't even function right to figure out how to use the camera. I put the box up with the book in it and now I can't find the box to learn how to use the damn camera.

The RSD not only riddles us with pain, it takes away any semblence of life that is normal. I often wonder if I will ever get any normalcy back in my life. At the rate I'm going, NOT.

No one can see our pain, therefore they can't see how much pain we are in and can't understand why we can't deal with it differently.

My Dr. was saying yesterday that he is hoping this VNS will help me with my depression and therefore help with some of my pain. He says one trades upon the other. He laughed and said he was going to turn it up on high and watch me dance around. He told me to be optimistic and hopeful. I told him he could hold up that end and I'd just try to keep alive until I get it put in. LOL

No one knows what we are going through as I said. Only we know so we have to sat our own boundries.

Don't worry so much about what your son thinks at this point. I know Susan use to be that way and now that she is my caregiver she sees what I am dealing with. It takes time.

You are such a great asset to all of us here and you help people here even though you can't get out and do more. You are doing your limit at this time.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote