View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For years before the mri I just had, I was treated like a med seeker when I complained about my backache. I had one obnoxious creep of an ortho ask me if I ever gave birth (I am 63), be grateful it's not cancer, and it could be worse, I could have run over my grandchild like some woman did and it hit the news. This was in one single coversation. I just love it when a so called professional gets cavalier about my complaints. I was told I had a back muscle spasm and to go home and take a hot shower. And he got paid a bunch for that.

I am supposed to start Lyrica, but I am waiting until I have my eye surgery done at the end of this month, as I do not need to be dizzy and further increase my risk of falling post op. I am not fond of meds that alter my mental state, but my neuro/muscular doc is great and wants me to try it out. I am very good at meditating, but resting flat on a heating pad seems to take the edge off best.

It is difficult to walk or do much of anything when the back is out of whack, no support, just plain wobbly. Balance has become a serious issue for me. If you're having what I am having, there are days you feel like you are being cut in half. maybe now that they have your mri, things can be managed better and life will be easier for you. I sure hope so.

Last edited by JB63; 08-04-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: correction
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-26-2011)