Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good place to vent-

Good thing you went to the ER. Here is my criteria for needing assistance at the ER, or any hospital.

If your continually resting, sleeping and symptoms are getting worse. If you are sleeping and getting better symptom wise that means (in my eyes) that the person should just stay in bed and sleep the symptoms away.

Though like i said if you are not able to sleep the symptoms away you should definitely get to the ER, as it sounds like you did.

You need to have your neuro contact the ER there, or the residents dealing with your case so that you may receive the appropriate care. As you know MG is very hard to understand, and not many doctors know about it, especially PA's who you are seeing in the ER for the majority.

As it stands right now, short of breath doesnt seem like something they would do plasmapheresis for..usually. But stranger things have happened. If your Negative Inspratory Force, (NIF) is less than 20, you should be getting help breathing from a Bi-PAP. Under 10, i would assume an intubation would be in order, as it was for me.

Your neuro can instruct the hospital what to do for you.

Hope your doing okay
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote