Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Annie,

That was extremely helpful This whole experience is a disaster. The doctor ordered neuro checks every 4 hours... since i got to my room, 24 hours ago, only one nurse did one check. Two RN's yesterday didn't even listen to my lungs. They aren't doing all the vitals they should... which would be interesting to see what they are charting - good idea about getting a copy of the chart.

They did draw blood in ER, and jst drew for another cbc & bmp a few minutes ago. No blood gases have been done. In the ER I did a NIF?? (I think) and I was one or two points away for going into the ICU.... which I somehow have to get into in order to get some pheresis treatments or IVIG, or something.

I am currently taking Mestinon 60 mg q6hs (they won't give me any more than that, so about 2 hours between each dose I'm miserable), Robinul 1mg prn q6h, and prednisone 20. So really all they did was add on the prednisone.

My PFT results were great when I had it 2 weeks ago, but then I wasn't short of breath, gasping for air. Now they have been checking something at the bedside (NIF and something else) every 4 hours... which.. i have actually had done 3 times in the last 24 hours.

My concern is that they will send me home today. None of my respiratory tests are abnormal, and that seems to be what they are basing things on completely as far as treatment. The RN last night listened to my lungs (the 1st one to do so in 12 hours) and said that they definitely sound diminished because I'm not getting good breaths in.... but yet I'm okay?

I failed my bedside swallow study last night, and have to have a video swallow this morning. The Speech Therapist that was there was astounded that they have been making me take all my meds without crushing them or anything. I told her that I gag every single one down.

It will be very interesting what the neurologist says today. I am in no shape to go home, but if they aren't going to do something, my dog can do just as good of job of monitoring me.

I do not want to go through this again.
gooberoobu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote