View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
Dear Friend,

You know what? I think it's that strange thing when the muscles of the rib cage - I don't know their names - but if you use them too much, like hard skiing, then they get injured by overuse, and you may now be able to breathe. It is a HORRIBLE feeling that you can't fall asleep because you have to make yourself breathe. The only other option is for the hospital to intubate you. Or, as they did with me, they just did high doses of morphine, nitro pill, and the nurses all thought I was a faker, until I fell asleep (I hadn't slep for 6 days) but I did go to sleep and my body went wacko and set off so many bells and the nurses said, "what the hell did you do?" And I said, I told you I'd die if I slept! But slowly the hard rib muscle calmed down - I stopped talking, etc.

Sometimes you have to listen to yourself, and other times you have to listen and trust a phycian. The first is the more reliable!
This has gotten a lot better with periodic gentle massage. Still, it's a little tender to the touch right above and to the left of my nipple. I don't think it's a pec minor or major strain -- it doesn't hurt if I'm working the muscle.

Wierd.

I am wondering if it does have to do with the lymphatic system or if it could be nerves travelling under pec minor.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote