View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry to hear your are having these strange feelings. I know when I have a simple partial seizure also known as an aura seizure I get a nervous feeling in my stomach and I start to see different colors in my eyes. There have been other times when I will get the nervousness in my stomach and see colors in my eyes and it will lead to a complex partial seizure. The next time you get any of these feeeling tighten up the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists by doing this it can often stop the seizure.
When You see the neuro you might want to request having a veeg (video e.e.g) and request that they flash different color strobe lights one at a time, by doing this they can find out if certain colors are bothering you or causing you to have seizures. This is known as being photosensitive. You might want to go further and see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hospitals or big hospitals. I've found I've gotten the most help from seeing an Epileptologist. Keep track of all of your possible seizures by writing them down on a calendar write down what time they happen and show this to your Dr. because often they can see a pattern in the seizures as to what time of day or night and what days of the month they happen. Also keep track what the weather is like because a low pressure can sometimes trigger seizures for some people. Try taking vitamin B12 once a day this helps reduce seizures for many people and I know it's worked great for me. Here's wishing you Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote