View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Blank Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
sorry to sound repetitive but am trying to help and want to be sure I am correctly understanding

when you are typing a reply, and going to get a URL, are you using a new tab/window to search for the URL than what you are typing in? If not, then yes, you will lose the post you were typing...that was what I meant by "backing up"

This is a good summary of what I do. I hit reply, type along, go out (to a new tab) to find the URL for a forum, return to the original tab & find it blank/empty.

also
I am a bit confused on when you are in preview? Usually the preview would be used only if one wanted to see how the post will display once the post is *complete* (ie with the URLs added etc) and after that one has to click SUBMIT for the post to go through

Yes, exactly, if I am able to insert the URL, I will type along, perhaps add another URL, and check it all by previewing before I post.

If you are following all those steps correctly, then I can only guess it must be some kind of incompatibility with your IPad...tho I am pretty sure there are other members using IPads here...and we have not had any reports of losing posts with them
& yes, & sometimes it works for me. I've posted quite often from my iPad. It must be me, but I can't figure it out. & I can't blame it on being bipolar ! Thanks. I'll figure it out. Or won't.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote