View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ada

I can really empathise. Since I developed RSD I haven't slept for more than 3 hours a night - and I'm abit stuffed with sleeping positions - I have to lay flat because of my neck but my back and hips can't stand it.

I try to avoid napping during the day, drinking caffeine or eating just before bed. I also make sure that I activities near me for when I wake up - so my laptop is sorted and on the bed and I am learning to tolerate sleeping with my headset on. My stereo and books are also set up so that at night I can work or read etc. (My bed turns into HQ when I get in, it has cot sides because of the spasms and has electronic door buttons, laptop, book stand + book, pokey stick, call bell, wedges and the lap stuff all attached to it (will try and get a photo of HQ set up!).

Sorry, have no more suggestions really except that I know what you're going through. I probaly do things the opposite way to the pain psychologists would say to, but that's because I need lifting in and out of bed - pain psychs tell you to go up, go to a different room and do an activity, and then when you are tired, go back to bed.

Have you tried amytriptylene at all?

Hope it improves, Love

Frogga xxxxxxxx