View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Caffeine can increase your metabolism and be a good thing. Artificial sweeteners, however, can increase the work load on you liver, so it works less diligently at getting rid of fat.
And, yes. Sugar and sugary drinks will raise your blood sugar and make you gain weight.
I rarely eat breads, white flour, pastas, starchy vegetables (such as potatoes and corn). Limiting "simple" carbs has been a huge part of my weight loss success. Carbs turn into sugar in your body.

Eat half is only a good idea, Chris, if you are currently eating twice as much as you should be. Although it is important not to eat too much, it is also important to eat enough.
There are other strategies to determine how much you should be eating. ie: You can use the "plate method" and fill a lunch-size plate with half vegetables, 1/4 healthy protein, 1/4 complex carbs/whole grains. Or, you can use BMR calculators to determine your "maintenance level" of calories, and try to decrease by 500 calories per day, etc. Also, if you eat fewer than 1200 calories, be sure that, at least once every 3-4 days, you eat a minimum of 1200, so that your body does not go into "starvation mode" and hang on to fat, calories and weight.

~ Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithS on April 29. 2011 View Post
Update:
Have lost 43 lbs in 31 weeks. Wedding is less than 4 weeks away. :-) Won't likely make my 50 lbs by May 22 goal, but, that's OK. I'll be close, and, because of my original success, that was revised from my original goal, which was to lose 50 lbs in 50 weeks (Sept 2010 to Sept 2011), so I'm still way ahead of that.

~ Faith
Lost 56 pounds since September 2010. Am ahead of my initial goal (lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks: Sept 2010 to Sept 2011; goal was 130 pounds) and almost reached my revised goal of losing 50 pounds by May 22 wedding (lost 47 by then). I've gone from 180 pounds to 124 pounds, and am currently more concerned about body fat percentage and waist size than the scale.
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote