View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ice pick headaches, anybody get them?

Has anyone experienced these goofy headaches? Ice pick headaches?

From the Cleaveland Clinic http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord...che_types.aspx

"Ice Pick Headache

Ice pick headache refers to a type of headache pain that is described as momentary (lasting seconds), sharp, and/or jabbing that occurs either once or several times a day at irregular intervals.

It has also been nicknamed the "jabs and jolts" or "stabs and jabs" headache. The pain is most often felt around one eye or the temple area and it recurs in the same place or may move to other places on the same side of the head or the opposite side.

These headaches are more likely in patients with migraine or cluster headaches. It is uncommon in the pediatric and adolescent population.

This type of headache disappears spontaneously in many cases or can be successfully treated with indomethacin."

I never had them before and as I'm into about 2 years post concussion & 18 month post major surgery (non-concussion related) I'm now having the delight of experiencing them, along with a whoosh feeling, then anxiety. CT scan last week at the ER indicates clear, no problems.

(I believe there's a concussion patient setting that always says, "clear, no problems"!)

Thanks ,

Mike
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote