View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Annie, I thought since I can't sleep I would see if I had any replies. Yes, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 10 years ago after 25 years of symptoms before being sent to a neurologist. He did a MRI of my brain and saw all the classic lessions of MS hence "classic definite MS".

Then in April when I thought I was having an "exasperation" of MS I was sent to the ER so they could rule out a stoke. I had a different neurologist, a much younger neuro in the group to see me in the hospital. He suspected MG also and ordered the blood test which came back positive for the anti-bodies.

My first scrip for mestinon was filled with a generic without the desicant to prevent the tablet from crumbling. After getting on the internet (wonderful source of information) I found that the company (Global) making this generic has been having complaints for the past 2+ years.

I have a new scrip at the drugstore to pick up and I'm going to demand the brand as I am having no improvement with this drug. I'm having more symptoms than before including daily diarrhea after taking it. I read some of the older posts and found that individuals vary in the times and amounts they take.

My instructions on the bottle just say take 1 60mg tablet 4 times a day. I have also asked for the mestinon timespan version as my worst time is in the mornings and I think that might be because I am without any meds from the last one at 8pm. I'm also to get 3 days of IVIG this week. After speaking with the nurse I found she didn't know as much about the med as I do.

Gabriella
Gabriella7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote