View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfit View Post
I had a bad car accident in 1999 and seperated my axix nealry decapitated my self from the inside, since then I have had huge problems with my neck dizziness, numbness, cant wear high heels cause my head and neck get very tight and feel like Im going to fall over, heavy limbs and so forth I cant look back forward or sideways without getting dizzy sometimes something in my neck/shoulder region gets caught and I get so dizzy eeven laying down the room spins I cant move until it resolves
There is so much missing from your clinical profile based of of one post! But one thing is certain from what you have written. You had a bad accident that seems to have compromised the upper cervical ligamentous structures ("nearly decapitated"). As the vertebral arteries pass through dedicated "holes" in these vertebrae, damage to those structures must be ruled out as many of your symptoms are consistent with vertebrobasilar compromise.

I am pro chiropractic however if it were me, in my opinion and in your particular case based from what you have written, I would avoid cervical manipulation/adjusting until ligamentous integrity of the upper cervical spine (including rotary C1 instability) has been extablished (dynamic x-rays/fluoroscopy) as well as any type of disruption, disection or intrinsic plaquing issues of the vertebral arteries (MRI/MRA) has been addressed. While a doppler of the carotids sounds reasonable to do, it will entirely miss any problems with the vertebral arteries so any diagnostic inclusion or exclusion should not solely be dependant upon one such study.

Good luck!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote