View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogga View Post
Hey IHH

hope it went ok today!

Just a quick other thought - in the UK we get sock boots - which are really big (fluffy) socks which then have grips on the bottom. They are quite good (and soft and warm)

Love

The amazing pretzeled frog xxxxxxxxx
Hey! I had to go to physical therapy yesterday with a shoe on one foot and just a sock on the other (it was swollen 2x it's normal size!)... my therapist was shocked to see how much it had swollen, and he measured both feet, and my left was about 1 1/2- 2 inches bigger than my right!

After my therapy mom took me to get a pair of extra wide shoes... pretty hard to find when you already have wide size 11 shoes! The lady in the shoe dept. was real sweet and took the time to bring out around 10 different shoes, but they were all too small/ had heels/ no open back. I ended up getting a pair of "Crocs" (they are clogs that are like hard foamy material) in men's size 12! They just fit with my swollen foot, and I had to get something to wear. I'll tell you, they aren't the most attractive, but they work! LOL! The only thing is there is teeny up-raised knobby type things sticky up in the bottom, so I have to put a sock there so I don't feel like they are stabbing me really really hard (I already feel that way trying to walk, and when I add those things on the bottom of the clogs, it makes it SO much worse!)...

...well, I found something anyways!

Thank you everyone for your ideas! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Trix, those leather balley shoes sound really great! I'll look into those!!

Last edited by InHisHands; 03-13-2007 at 07:50 PM.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote