View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Liza Jane:

Last night I only took 1 mg. I was prepared to take 1 and a half but I figured, go for it. I took it and no prolem. In about an hour I was fast asleep and dreamed all night that I was at a shower with people from General Hospital and instead of meals in front of our seat, on the table were little computers that turned into TV sets and they showed movies. I began a conversation with Anthony Geary of General Hospital.

It was the best dream I ever had. Woke up with no problem.

But today, with the weather being disgusting outside (going from warm to cold, to warm and very humid, I just out of it. Had some soup and salad for lunch. Went food shopping. Feel better. I'm not going to worry about the xanax. I'll taper off like you said. If I need to continue, I'll get it from drugstore.com. But honestly, I'd rather not be on a benzo than on one. I have to learn to cope with life rather than always be medicated. I mean, if I continue with the xanax, what happens as I go along. More xanax???

That's what happened to my mother in 1995. I never knew it but neighbors told me she was stealing xanax from everybody in her senior citizens community. I was told that a big problem among the elderly is depression and they drink and use xanax. Seems my mother was a big xanax user. I only found this out after she died. Amazing what one learns about family after they are gone.

Now as far as Alan's nerve biopsy idea, well, he read the postings and believe me, he is not jumping into anything. We are still waiting to hear from Dr. Goldfarb about when the home infusion thing is going.

Alan goes back to the gym tomorrow, he's chomping at the bit to exercise, (I just him "how's your pain leve" and he just said "too early to tell yet".

But he wants to exercise so that is always a good thing. In his case, it does wonders for his PN.

will update.

And how are you doing??????

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote