View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi btdt,

Well by now I hope you are feeling better. When the dentist tells you not to brush a surgical site, it is because the area is very inflammed and needs to calm down and/or he doesn't want the area disturbed just yet. However, it is still a good idea to rinse with warm salt water to help keep the area clean. Did he instruct you to do that? How are things going at this point?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdt View Post
It was a different dentist today one that does the root canals. He took a look did a poke blew in some air said it was much to sensitive to work on gave me 500mg of penicillin and sent me on my way. He told me not to touch it with my tongue I told him I have not touched once while awake with my tongue but did mention the tooth bushing the site. He looked at me like I had two heads said why told him I had been advised to do this by the surgeons office. Still looked at me the same way and said it made no sense to him. The area was infected and extremely irritated to bother it more was "not sensible" his words. So who do I listen to? It would of course be easy to do as he says but am I hindering or helping the healing? It sure is tricky when I get conflicting advise. Has anyone else had this? What did you do?
Anyone?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote