View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I still have really strong memories of and a big attachment to the house I grew up in. We moved when I was 18 because my mom was jealous of a relative who got a new house and insisted that we move too.

That house is 5 miles away from me, and whenever I'm in that area, I drive by it to see if anything has changed. The woman who bought it from us apparently died recently, because the house has gone way downhill in the last couple of years. Needs a new roof, the yard looks like no one has trimmed the bushes since we moved in '87.

We're pretty sure it's become Section 8 house (housing for low income people) or just a rental house, because it looks horrible and unkempt. The owner is now some guy who lives in CA.

I keep thinking that if it ever goes up for sale, I'm going to go over to see it on open house days.

The last house we lived in before we moved to where we're at now, looks even worse than my childhood house, and for some reason, that doesnt bother me as much as seeing my childhood house looking like whoever lives there doesnt care about it. (the guy who bought our last house, apparently doesnt care about it. That roof has shingles that are curling, and he hasnt trimmed any of the bushes or trees since he moved in, because everything is so overgrown)

I thought when we moved from my childhood house, that it would be taken care of as well as we took care of it. It's sad to see the house mistreated and allowed to go all to hell. If it ever does go on sale, I'm kind of afraid to go check it out. Little worried that might have become a hoarders house or something.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-06-2011)