View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annie, Yes, I started with a lower dose of 1/2 tablet, then titrated up over a few weeks. I hope the doctor can get it straightened out as the nurse looking at the chart couldn't. I will be picking up the Timespan version of mestinon tomorrow for $20.00 and hope that will work out better for me.

My Government Employees Health Association insurance I kept when I had to retire on disability has been a very good insurance for pharmaceuticals until this year when they changed it drastically. Medicare and GEHA together totally covered the cost of the IVIG treatments which the first 5 days was $65,000 so I'm not complaining.

I'll see if the neurologist has better ideas as far as the mestinon is concerned. I can appeal it if he preauthorizes it because the generic is not working for me. I don't know what it would cost. I pay over $300 monthly for my insurance coverage out of a federal disability retirement income after working for 25 years.

Still not enough to cover an extra $200. in addition to all the other prescriptions I have to take.

Gabriella
Gabriella7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote