View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default exasperated...a little by a new exacerbation and steroid treatments!!!!

i thought it was the heat and new sandals!, but, turns out is my second "incident." about a month ago, out of the blue, started feeling wobbly on my left side. since it has been crazy hot in dc and i had too much going on at work, home, waited until last thursday to see my neuro (who is very good and calming). yep, it's incident two on my journey...the weird left side trunk numbness (felt like a searing heat rash too), the foot drag (which is what finally clued me in to make the call)...all a new incident.

so on day 4 out out of for iv steroid treatment. not completely unpleasant, but time consuming. symptoms had begun to subside but he suggested steroids to speed it up.

a little sad (was hoping would go a good LONG time w/o second incident)..but at least now: i "look like" i need the blue tag space and perhaps now i will get a cane for the occasional wobbles.

my question for the community...have you found the steroid stuff worth it? i'm not a big fan of drugs, but this disease has changed that (on avonex). neuro doesn't suggest i change med course, but now have to get another mri (with spine and contrast--YUCK)...and i suggested physical therapy? so i can get some fashionable but useful can suggestions...

we're going on a cruise in two weeks, so i'm definitely getting a cane as my balance and standing strength is wobbly..any cane suggestions? thanks!
started avonex 03-14-08
july 2011-ish....lesions on the spine (at least two!)

started rebif 12-01-11

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
volada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote