View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbo02 View Post
I saw this post, and I would really like any advice you can give on how to treat a spontaneous CSF leak. It took about 1.5 months to figure out what what going on with me, but a neurologist finally did an MRI of my spine and a spinal tap and found that I had a leak, but they couldn't see where it was. I have had two blood patches in 3 week, and although I feel a bit better, I'm not back to my old self yet. Is there anything else I can do or advise my doctor to do? He is having me take caffeine, drink lots of fluids, and rest. What are some other options. I am a 27 year old active female, and I really just want my life back.
I went through various doctors till I was dianosed and finally found one who would be willing to help me and not just tell me to take 2 asprin etc. You may need to seek out a doctor who has delt with this before. I have not had a blood patch but I heard you may need many of them before it actually works. I have had my leaks repaired but now I think I have another one. My nerosurgeon is planning on sending me for a nuclear cystigram which supposidly helps locate the leak as well as determing for sure you have one. Good luck.
venusny31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote