View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Blech, I'm not a social butterfly at all, but what about just "being busy" whenever she calls.
No need to declare war but more of a "Oh I'm sorry, but we just can't do that right now..we're busy."
and just don't respond to any of their requests anymore... maybe if there is a house a fire /emergency or something like that then it would be good to check on
she'll get the hint sooner or later.
I completely agree with Jo*mar. You don't to have a make a big declaration about it or anything, just politely say NO the next time you're asked. You can say you're busy ....or you don't have to provide any excuse or explanation at all ...and you don't have to pick up the phone, either.

There's nothing about your personal relationship with these people that will really help sell your house. The potential buyers will be interested in buying your home, not your friends. And they're not really friends anyway - they're they're just a couple of neighbors who've found an easy-cheap way to get work done around their house at someone else's expense.

they'll keep on taking so long as you keep on giving.

Last edited by Becca44; 08-07-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-07-2011), Jomar (08-07-2011), Kitty (08-07-2011), SallyC (08-07-2011)