View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Regarding the Butler stretches, I would like to hear if people have used them to resolve their TOS or at least get a significant reduction in symptoms (> 50%?). Maybe I should ask that in a separate thread.

The Pete Egoscue material is well reviewed at Amazon, which gave me the confidence to try it. I'm only a week in, but have already seen improvement. These *do* involve stretches, but not the side neck stretches that the two chiros (Stoxen and my local) advise against.

Also, I've been reading "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Second Edition" which doesn't advise against stretching so much as it advises against stretching before releasing trigger points. I'm paraphrasing here, but the concern seemed to be that muscles that were chronically tight due to trigger points would not benefit (much) from normal stretching. I can't comment on the results, because I haven't started yet.

And of course we're all a bit different so what works for one might not work for others. All we can do is share, experiment and seek out a solution.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote