View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update on my exacerbation

Hi Everyone,

I wrote in a few weeks ago, and introduced myself and then wrote about steroids.

Well, I chose not to go the steroid route because my exacerbation was minor and is subsiding. I have had it for about a month now, but with the way things are going I think it should be over in two to three months. My left foot no longer feels like it is in a bucket of cement.

My neuro has been pushing me to go on Copaxone again. And another neuro in the practice does not think I need it as the form of MS I have is very mild. So I am waiting for a referral to an MS clinic at a hospital in Boston. If I don't get it, I will pay to go myself for a third opinion. I have Medicare insurance and I pay for a supplement, but even still Copaxone will cost me $20,000.00 over the next 5 years. I can think of a lot of things to do with $20,000.00.

I have no loss of strength or balance even while I am having this exacerbation. This is my first exacerbation in 14 years.

Just wanted to hear from other people who have this in the mild form that I do and their thoughts on the MS medicines.

Cathy
Cathyddd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-07-2011), dmplaura (08-07-2011), Judy2 (08-08-2011), Lady (08-07-2011)