View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default recovery takes longer and is more severe with pd

the best workout ofl 6 classes at the health club is at 9:40 am on monday. we call her the killer and everyone is there because we like it. some people can't do it. but i have to set my alarm for 6 am on that morning and load up on sinemet to be able to do it, i have balance problems in my classes especially tai chi but i still feel my very best in the water.

One monday my friend who drives had a doctor's appt so i got myself there but shouldn't have done it. just the anxiety of getting on in time and driving myself there was enough to make my med not work. i ate breakfast and of course would pay for eating too much. so i left with my head bobbing - sort of on but not really because i hobble walk and my head bobs when i am off.

in spite of taking multiple doses. i took her class with my head bobbing the whole time and went home still sort of off.

i think that damages our muscles and i probably should not have done that. it didn't loosen me up, i was exercising rigid muscles and i had to recover from that. i usually do have some problems from muscles not just returning to normal, it's like they are stretched like a piece of gum and they do not recover right away.

i don't know how you climbed that mountain - you are obviously very driven...that had to be a mind thing. congratulations to you! it may serve you mentally when you need it. ...not too many people can say that. you are the first in your age and with your condition right?

your body probably just needs to recover - i need a week or two from traveling to conferences, i don't know if i ever would if i climbed a mountain.

be kind to your body for awhile with light exercise. you have accomplished a one of a kind feat.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote